Easy Cooking and Baking Recipes

If you are tired of buying recipe books and only end up using a recipe or two, or never using your recipe book at all, you have come to the right place. Cooking and baking can be fun, the only problem is finding recipes that have the right difficulty level for you. I have taken some of my favorite recipes from some of my favorite recipe books, and even recipes I have had given to me, and I will be posting them on here to share with everyone. These recipes will be easy, tasty, and you won't need to go to another country just to find the ingredients. All the ingredients should already be in your kitchen, or, easy to find at your regular grocery store. So take a look and browse through my recipes, try them and let me know what you think. If you have any easy, yummy treats or dishes you want to share, feel free to post them. Have fun and enjoy!

For great cook books at discounted prices and other unique cooking items/gift ideas: Click Here

I WILL BE ADDING PICTURES SOON AS I MAKE EACH ONE AT HOME!

Monday, April 16, 2007

Grilled Cheese with a Twist

I love grilled cheese but I don't like processed cheese. I also like to eat more protein with my sandwiches. So this is my twist on grilled cheese sandwiches.

What you will need:

Real Cheddar cheese
Butter
Whole Wheat Bread
Sliced Chicken or Turkey Breast


Butter one side of each slice of bread. Place butter side down on a napkin. Slice very thin slices of cheddar cheese until you have enough peices to cover each side of bread. Put the chicken or turkey breast over the cheese on one slice of the bread.

Put the other slice of bread on top. If it's too hard with the slices of cheese just transfer the cheese first and the top it with the other slice of bread. Pick up the sandwich and discard the paper towel.

Place in a med. heat frying pan and cook until both sides are browned and the cheese is all melted.

I usually eat this sandwich with a side of veggies and dill dip.

Enjoy!

No comments: