Easy Cooking and Baking Recipes

If you are tired of buying recipe books and only end up using a recipe or two, or never using your recipe book at all, you have come to the right place. Cooking and baking can be fun, the only problem is finding recipes that have the right difficulty level for you. I have taken some of my favorite recipes from some of my favorite recipe books, and even recipes I have had given to me, and I will be posting them on here to share with everyone. These recipes will be easy, tasty, and you won't need to go to another country just to find the ingredients. All the ingredients should already be in your kitchen, or, easy to find at your regular grocery store. So take a look and browse through my recipes, try them and let me know what you think. If you have any easy, yummy treats or dishes you want to share, feel free to post them. Have fun and enjoy!

For great cook books at discounted prices and other unique cooking items/gift ideas: Click Here

I WILL BE ADDING PICTURES SOON AS I MAKE EACH ONE AT HOME!

Monday, April 16, 2007

No Bake Chocolate Macaroons


This recipe was a favorite of my sister and I. We loved it when my mom would make these. When we were old enough to cook, the house always smelled like chocolate macaroons. I think we made this recipe about a couple of times a week. They are very easy and super yummy!

What you need:

2 cups granulated sugar
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup milk
6 tbsp cocoa
1/2 cup fine shredded coconut
3 cups oatmeal

1. Combine the first four ingredients together in a large pot and bring to a boil for about 2-3 minutes, stirring constantly.

2. Take pot off of stove and add the coconut and oatmeal. Mix until everything is coated.

3. Place on a wax paper lined cookie sheet by heaping tablespoon-fuls. To have these cookies ready quickly, cool in refridgerator, or leave and let cool to room temp.


Enjoy!

Note: These cookies can be frozen in an airtight plastic container for about 2-3 months.

No comments: