Easy Cooking and Baking Recipes

If you are tired of buying recipe books and only end up using a recipe or two, or never using your recipe book at all, you have come to the right place. Cooking and baking can be fun, the only problem is finding recipes that have the right difficulty level for you. I have taken some of my favorite recipes from some of my favorite recipe books, and even recipes I have had given to me, and I will be posting them on here to share with everyone. These recipes will be easy, tasty, and you won't need to go to another country just to find the ingredients. All the ingredients should already be in your kitchen, or, easy to find at your regular grocery store. So take a look and browse through my recipes, try them and let me know what you think. If you have any easy, yummy treats or dishes you want to share, feel free to post them. Have fun and enjoy!

For great cook books at discounted prices and other unique cooking items/gift ideas: Click Here

I WILL BE ADDING PICTURES SOON AS I MAKE EACH ONE AT HOME!

Sunday, April 15, 2007

Healthy Supper -------Easy Shrimp and Whole Wheat Pasta Dinner


This is a recipe that my parents used to make. They used to use butter in this dish and white pasta so I changed things up a bit to make it healthier without losing a bit of flavour.

What you will need:

Olive Oil
30-40 or more regular sized shrimp (or jumbo if you love shrimp)
(sometimes I buy a shrimp ring to make it cheaper and easier)
garlic salt
Mc Cormicks or Mrs. Dash No Salt Added Garlic and Herb Seasoning
1 package, Whole Wheat Pasta
Parmesean Cheese
Dried parsley flakes OR fresh parsley

Put a large pot of water on maximum with the lid on until water boils.

While you are waiting for the water to boil, put a pan on the stove on medium heat and heat up about 3-4 tablespoons of olive oil.

Add cleaned and rinsed shrimp to the oil. Sprinkle the garlic salt and seasoning to taste. Cook until the shrimp is done. If you need to add more oil during cooking, you can do so adding a teaspoon at a time.
Adjust tempurature settings during cooking if needed.

Meanwhile.................once the water has started to boil, add about 5-7 shakes of salt from a salt shaker and add pasta and cook according to Al Dente directions on the back of the package.

When the pasta is cooked, drain and slowly add to the pan with the shrimp mixture.

Toss everything together until nice and hot adding any extra oil or seasoning if you desire.

Pour everything from the pan onto a serving dish and top with a few sprinklings of parmesean cheese and parsley.

You will have to change quantities of shrimp and pasta according to the number of people you are serving.

Serve and Enjoy!

Note: I always enjoy this dish with a cesear salad.



No comments: