Easy Cooking and Baking Recipes

If you are tired of buying recipe books and only end up using a recipe or two, or never using your recipe book at all, you have come to the right place. Cooking and baking can be fun, the only problem is finding recipes that have the right difficulty level for you. I have taken some of my favorite recipes from some of my favorite recipe books, and even recipes I have had given to me, and I will be posting them on here to share with everyone. These recipes will be easy, tasty, and you won't need to go to another country just to find the ingredients. All the ingredients should already be in your kitchen, or, easy to find at your regular grocery store. So take a look and browse through my recipes, try them and let me know what you think. If you have any easy, yummy treats or dishes you want to share, feel free to post them. Have fun and enjoy!

For great cook books at discounted prices and other unique cooking items/gift ideas: Click Here

I WILL BE ADDING PICTURES SOON AS I MAKE EACH ONE AT HOME!

Sunday, April 15, 2007

Low Fat Dessert- Easy No Bake Cherry Cheesecake


This low fat dessert recipe I got from my mom, among many others, when I got married. This cheesecake is delicious and is ready in no time. It only has one 8oz pack of cream cheese and I use light cream cheese and the rest is dream whip. You get all the flavour with a fraction of the fat from regular cheesecake.

What you will need:

2 cups graham cracker crumbs
1/2 cup butter-softened
1 cup icing sugar
8 oz light philly cream cheese-room tempurature
2 envelopes dream whip-follow directions on package
1 can cherry pie filling

1. Combine butter and graham crumbs until you are able to form into a crust. Press crust into a 9X13 inch baking dish.

2. Mix icing sugar and philly cream cheese well with electric mixer. Fold into dream whip and mix again until all ingredients are combined.

3. Spread cream cheese mixture over crust and top with cherry pie filling. Refridgerate for about 45 minutes to one hour.

Enjoy!

No comments: